Monday 5 September 2011

If you have a beard do you drink beer?

This is what Jem asked us this evening. Its a perfectly valid question lol.
Wonder what he will ask next lol.

If you have a moustache do you eat mice :/ not sure I think only kids can see things we can't.

Jem hears all sorts another one is  poker face by lady gaga he calls the baa baa song cos once you hear that and listen it does sound like that lol.

I'm going off on tangent a bit lol just thought was cute :)

I decided back in ooooooh February maybe i wanted a nice quilt to go on my bed as can never find bedding  i like that goes with my room. Its a dusky pink and white and most bedding is either too garish or got black on. So the plan is white bedding and nice bright quilt on top.

I had a look online and found some gorgeous ones that I loved then looked at price tag: £60!!!!!!!!!!! no way so logical step?? make one.

I started collect fabrics and looking at designs, deciding on colours, size etc and finally by June had most material I needed. Thought to self order last bits and by beginning of July I will start making it whoop. I had planned to use cross stitch squares to make it unique and provide something more textured.
Here's centre piece:


Its now 5th September and Ive only just started. There was always something more important to do.

At first i was i hadn't settled on a size and design. Then we decided to go camping end of June and needed a cheap pram to take and anytime I've had a pram I have to make accessories unique to that pram. So i made a liner, blanket, mini bag, bottle holder and bag to hold blanket under foot rest out way. Then was our camping holiday end of July.

I also set up Shroom Designs in this time. Then came home and thought whoooo can start quilt.

Oh no you don't. Since August I've had too many orders to start. Mostly me adding more and more cross stitch designs held me up a bit.

So here i am cutting out my squares finally trying to work out how on earth a rotary cutter works lol (I'm better with scissors lol) and feeling I've done loads.

Now for size of quilt and size of squares I decided to use I need 165 Squares in total.
I had started with the cross stitch squares and thinking wow ill be done in now time got a good stash of squares. Counted them last night and i have 40!! Bit of a come down now I'm dreading cutting more and more out and my pile not growing lol but this is what i have so far hope you like :)




Looks a bit bright and mish mash but that's how i like my stuff all over place and totally clashing but looks right :) i have more squares but this gives you an idea and as you can see most my squares are slightly wonky lol xxx

2 comments:

  1. Wow, a labour of love but it'll be amazing when its done...!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally. can't wait till done just hope its as good as i imaagine things sometimes turn out different to how we imagine done they lol x

    ReplyDelete