Thursday 1 September 2011

We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo....

how about you, you , you.
I was brought up with my parents listening to Carpenters, Matt Munro and Cliff Richard. The lasting affect on me is everytime  I go to the zoo I torture my partner and my son with a rubbish rendition of we're going to the zoo lol.

So we went to the zoo today lol.  We set ground rules to stop naughtyy behaviour and any missing child events and its blissful to say the day went well. Its a good job i dont have high expectations!!! We had another day of shouting and stress but it was fab.

We saw baby cheetahs, baby elephants, baby robot dinosaurs, baby meerkats and baby rhinos. There was loads of awwwing and how cute (from me) there was equal amounts of I want (that was daddy :p) and a lot more of JEMMMMMM stop running off!!! OOOOhh how the heads turned so I did my best shout concentrate on getting Jem back and don't look at anyone lol.

We saw masses of red, hot sweaty babies, red hot sweaty men (eww) and a suprisingly large number of 8 years being scared of the robot dinosaurs when all the tiny toddlers were running  up to them laughing.
Two of the dinosaurs squirted water on all the childrenand mean mummy knew and  made her lil baby stand and look at the big dinosaur knowing full well what happened next hahaha. Jem handled it well and was wringing wet but happy. (see photo on Shroom Designs page)

The worse bit of the day was a young lad of 13 got hit, kicked and half strangled off his dad and his mum turned the other way. Shocking.

We got wet, we got excited (that was me at the lion cage haha) we got very tired and at long last got home with pressies and a faint whiff of egg butty left in the bag :) xx

1 comment:

  1. It's been a long time since we took our boys to the zoo. Well, at 23 & 26 they don't seem to want to go anymore..!!lol
    Nice to hear you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete